Unlocking the bootloader on your Asus ROG Phone 5 Pro is a step in the right direction, but it will only get you so far. There are still plenty of obstacles to overcome before you can truly enjoy what this device has to offer.
The how to root rog phone 5 is a guide that will help you unlock the bootloader and root your device.
Asus’ ROG Phone line is a range of high-end gaming phones. Every year, Asus introduces a new phone line to its ROG Phone Series. Asus launched the ROG Phone 5, ROG Phone 5 Pro, and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate smartphones earlier this year. The series is well-known for its excellent gaming capabilities. The OEM also enables you to unlock the phone’s bootloader, allowing you to root the ROG Phone 5 series. You will learn how to root ROG Phone 5 Pro and unlock the bootloader of ROG Phone 5 Pro in this article (Pro).
The ROG Phone 5 series has some incredible specs. The phones in the series have almost identical specs, although certain features differ. A 6.78-inch FHD+ display with a 144Hz refresh rate is available on both the Pro and Non-Pro models. Because it is a strong phone series, all three models use the newest Snapdragon 888 SoC. The series’ phones include 8/12/16GB of RAM and 128/256/512GB of storage.
You will discover everything a gamer might want. All games are readily handled by the ROG Phone 5. Fortunately, some developers like porting custom ROMs and creating gaming modules for the ROG Phone 5. You may do this if you wish to enhance the performance or try out features that aren’t accessible by default. You will learn how to root ROG Phone 5 Pro as well as how to unlock the bootloader of ROG Phone 5 Pro in this tutorial. Both are beneficial in a variety of ways.
Unless you just want to modify the home screen, rooting your phone is the greatest solution available if you want to personalize your phone without installing any custom ROMs. Rooting an Android phone unlocks a slew of features, including boot animation, third-party themes, custom fonts, and more. If you understand the bootloader, Magisk, and boot image, rooting ROG phones is simple. If you want to root your phone, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader first, so let’s get started with how to unlock the bootloader on the ROG Phone 5.
ROG Phone 5 Pro Bootloader Unlock
For security concerns, Asus phones come with a locked bootloader by default. Google began it with one of the Android versions a long time ago. Although having a bootloader secured on a phone is beneficial, it prevents users from making changes to their phone, such as installing custom ROMs. So, if you don’t mind losing this security feature, you may open the bootloader. The methods to unlock the bootloader on the ROG Phone 5 and 5 Pro are listed below.
- Go to the official support website for the Asus ROG Phone 5. (Select the 5 Pro or 5 Ultimate models if you have them.)
- Navigate to the Drivers and Tools area of the website.
- Select Android from the drop-down menu now.
- It will show you all of the necessary utility files, including the Unlock APK.
- For the Rog Phone 5/Pro/Ultimate, download the ‘Unlock Device App.’
- Copy the APK to your phone and install it once it has been downloaded.
- To enable developer options on your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and press Build Number 7 times.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Accept the terms of the ROG Phone 5 unlock app.
- Then you’ll see a button on the app to unlock the bootloader. Keep in mind that it will delete all of your data from your phone, so make sure you have a complete backup.
- After you’ve unlocked the bootloader on your Rog Phone 5, reboot it and set it up.
After unlocking the bootloader, check with the command fastboot oem device-info (to type this command, your phone must be in bootloader/fastboot mode). The status will be shown as unlocked. After that, you may use the technique outlined below to root your ROG Phone 5, 5 Pro, or 5 Ultimate. But first, have a look at the prerequisites.
- Make a complete backup of your phone’s data (To restore just in case)
- Make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
- Install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Drivers for ADB and Fastboot should be installed on your computer.
- Download the firmware for the Asus ROG Phone 5/Pro/Ultimate (same version as your build number). Use this link to get started.)
How to Root the Asus ROG Phone 5 (Pro) Using Magisk
- To begin, use payload dumper to extract the boot image file (boot.img) from the Asus ROG Phone 5 firmware.
- Copy the boot.img file to your phone.
- Now go to your phone’s app store and download the Magisk app.
- Click Install next to Magisk in the app. Ensure that Ramdisk is set to ‘Yes’.
- Then pick the boot.img file from the phone’s storage under “Select and Patch a File.”
- It will now begin patching the file, and the result will be magisk patched.img in the Download folder.
- Download and install the modified boot file on your machine (in C:adb location). To boot, rename the file. img.
- From the same location, open the Command window. If you’re using macOS or Linux, get Platform Tools and copy boot.img here, then open the command window.
- Connect your phone to your PC via a USB cord after booting it into Download/Bootloader Mode. You may either utilize shortcut buttons or use the following command to enter the bootloader: adb bootloader reboot
- To root ROG Phone 5 and flash a patched boot image, use the command below.
- flash boot boot.img fastboot
- Reboot your phone to the operating system after installing Magisk.
- You now own an Asus ROG Phone 5 with root access.
Reopen the Magisk app and follow the on-screen instructions if any are required. You may now use any root checker software from the PlayStore to see whether you have root access. After you’ve verified your account, you may use all of the applications and services that need root access. You may also download a variety of Xposed Modules to customize and improve the game’s experience. However, in order to utilize modules, you must first install the Xposed Framework.
You Might Also Like | ROG Phone 5 Google Camera
So there you have it, the full method to rooting and unlocking the bootloader of the Asus ROG Phone 5 Pro. Also, if you have any questions about the gadget or the instructions, please leave them in the comments area.
Also look at:
The asus rog phone 5 code is a guide that will help you to root Asus ROG Phone 5 Pro and unlock its bootloader.
- asus rog phone 5 global rom
- gcam for rog phone 5
- asus rog phone 5 linux
- rog 5 xda
- twrp rog 3